Tuesday, May 15, 2007

a bit bemused by basha

i'm a bit bemused by basha.
first it was magic shampoo to thicken my hair
and then tips on weight loss and painted nails
and now its my wrinkles and crow's feet
that occupy her mind


she's bought me creams and strange elixirs
and gave explicit directions on how to apply them
to my eyelids like this...
to my cheeks and neck like that...
such intimate conversations
and displays on the landing
of fashion and style and american beauty

so
this morning i applied the collagen elastin
to my cheeks and neck
hoping the wattle will disappear
and the l'oreal eye defence to my
facial crevices and cracks
with mental reminders to stop smiling

i know basha will be keeping
a scrutinous lookout
to see how i'm progressing
and i would like to please her
and look again like the person i was
in the picture m. sent me on our
35th wedding anniversary
of a youthful glowing couple
on the front page of the weekly advertiser
both then never dreaming
that i would be here
and he would be there
and not
'will live in south yarra'
but east of manhattan

No comments: